Sunday, November 28, 2010

Singing in the Rain / Umbrella



Singing in the Rain / Umbrella

Matthew Morrison, Gwyneth Paltrow, Glee Cast

Yeah! Holly!
Good girl gone bad
Take three
Action! Go!

You have my heart
And we'll never be worlds apart
Maybe in magazines
But you'll Still be my star
Baby, 'cause in the dark
You can't see shiny cars
And that's when you'll need me there
With you, I'll always share
Cause I'm...

I'm singin' in the rain
(We'll shine together)
Just singin' in the rain
(Be here forever)
What a glorious feelin'
(Be your friend)
I'm happy again
(Stick it out till the end)
I'm laughing at clouds
(More than ever)
So dark up above
(Still have each other)
I'm singin', singin' in the rain

You can stand under my umbrella
Ella, ella, ay, ay
under my umbrella
Ella, ella
Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay

These fancy things
Will never come in between
You're part of my entity
Here for infinity
When the world has took its part
When the world has dealt its cards
If the hand is hard
Together we'll mend your heart

Cause I'm singin' in the rain
(We'll shine together)
Just singin' in the rain
(Be here forever)
What a glorious feelin'
(Be your friend)
I'm happy again
(Stick it out till the end)
I'm laughing at clouds
(More than ever)
So dark up above
(Still have each other)
I'm singin', singin' in the rain

You can stand under my umbrella
Ella, ella
Ay, ay, ay, under my umbrella
Just singin' in the rain
Ella, ella, ay, ay
I'm singin',singin' in the rain
Ay, ay, ay

It's rainin', rainin
Ooh, baby, it's rainin', rainin'
Baby, come here to me
Come here to me

I'm singin' in the rain
It's rainin', rainin', ooh, baby
Just singin' in the rain
It's rainin', rainin', baby, come here
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
My umbrella Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay

======

老實說,一直要到最近才知道Gwyneth Paltrow也有好歌喉呢!之前對她的印象只是覺得出生演藝世家的她,具備大部分的人都會認同的氣質美,也有些演戲的才華去詮釋一些比較特別的角色。就好像,雖然她最有名的奧斯卡得獎作品「莎翁情史」"Shakespeare in Love"的典型第一女主角,但這卻不是我最有印象的作品。反而是像稍微偏一點的角色,更能彰顯出她超越花瓶的演技。像是,「火線追緝令」"Se7en"裡,戲份很少,卻足以讓觀眾感覺出一個菜鳥警探妻子的不太適應狀況,但也盡量配合丈夫的樣子。「雙面情人」"Sliding Doors"裡,變相以一人雙角的方式,表演同一角色卻遭遇不同際遇的情況。還有"Proof"裡活在父親盛名之下、對自己狀態有一些障礙的女數學家,那種壓抑、不確定和矛盾,也是有說服力的。演技之外的歌唱表現,是新的意外啊。在"Glee"的客串裡,我們可以在一集中看到她表演三首歌,恐怕也只有客串兩次的舞台劇名伶Kristin Chenoweth唱得比她多了。

在第二季裡,混歌的情況真的是相對大增。不過,能讓兩首有相輔相成感覺的,就大概是這首跨越55年的混合曲,稱得上一場精彩的表演了。將兩首雨傘歌混合之下,1952年的"Dancin' in the Rain"更有現代感,而褪去原曲裡散發濃烈性感的"Umbrella",反而更有一種自在而企盼的感覺。再加上充滿舞台上的雨、水和雨傘舞,確實賞心悅目。說來,可以在影集裡看到這種表演,也是"Glee"這樣的影集吸引觀眾的獨特性呢!

因為著作權的關係,不能內嵌,所以YouTube要連過去看嘍!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZcYy6AAGg&hd=1
 

1 comment: